Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bittersweet Day :(

Today, I turned in my resignation to my Principal, SPED Supervisor, and Personnel Director. I am no longer an employee of St. Mary Parish School System. Wow...I have never held another job. This was it. I knew this job backwards and forward and for the most part, could do it with my eyes close. It feels strange to say that I am now employed by Jefferson Parish School System. I am looking forward to the challenge, but I am also scared to death. I am moving from a rural parish with a total population of around 52,000, 9 to 10 thousand students to a parish which has 80,000 students and a total SPED Population of 5000. As I type that, I'm thinking I must be nuts! But oddly enough, I am very calm about it all. Scared to death, but calm about the decision. If that makes any sense. Phew, finally I got my dream job. I'm really an Educational Diagnostician. Wowza! Yippeeee! ......Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment