Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vacation Time!!!

The old saying for teachers rings true every year - "If you can make it to the Thanksgiving holidays, you can make it to the end of the year." I did it. Teachers go through 3 months with only 1 -3 day weekend break. By the time Thanksgiving gets here, we are all on the verge of resigning. It was way pass time for a break.

On Friday, I went to my very first grandparent day event with my two little boys. I ate breakfast with my little man and toured his school and met his teachers. He was so excited to see Grammy. My daughter had not told him that I was coming. I knew that I would never be able to leave there without him, so I planned on taking him with me. He was so excited to leave school with Grammy. After that surprise, we went across the bayou to surprise my big man.. He was playing outside when me and the little man walked in, so we went to the back yard and his teacher call him to come see. When he rounded the corner of the building and saw me, he ran straight into my arms! He showed me around his school. I meet his class pets - 2 finches, an aquarium full of fish, and two turtles. He showed me his "cubby", where all his treasure work is. He pulled out a painted strip of paper that he had painted yellow....I said, "Wow, we are working on colors! What color is this?" Very proud of his work, he said, "Green." (it was yellow...lol). After my tour, we ate lunch, then he say, "Grammy, we gotta go to the book fair! I need a book" So, off we went to the book fair. $22 later - we were back in the van headed for "Grammy's School." We got back just in time for the Thanksgiving Feast in my classroom. After, we enjoyed the "Vocabulary Parade" and fun time in ASC. Now we are all set for a week of fun.

So, for the next few days, I will be playing with my babies. I started posting this on my lovely daughter's computer because my son has my computer and my school computer is in the bedroom with my sleeping babies.....and of course she wants her computer. I will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment