Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Random Thoughts of an Insominiac

Seriously, I cannot go to sleep!!!!! I have been laying here 4 hours, finished with homework for the night,  and I'm tossing and turning. Wide ass awake! I just reread what I wrote. "Wide ass awake." We all say this in South LA, but it really doesn't make sense. We all know it means your eyes are wide open indicating you are no where ready to go to sleep, but "wide ass"? Like did someone say this because someone had eyes on their ass. Why didn't they say "Wide eyes awake!" That sounds weird....I'm used to saying "Wide ass awake!" I would love to know how some of our phrases got started down here. Like "I caught a flat tire." Really? Was it running away from you? LOL! For those of you that do not understand, it simply means you have a flat tire on your vehicle. A few summers ago, I stayed in Hattiesburg, MS while working on my MEd. Everyone there had a "shrilly" MS accent...kinda sounds like fingernails run across a blackboard, but anyway, they loved to hear me talk. My classmates would ask me questions just to hear me talk. They were weird, but they also like the many phrases I would use. Like one day, we were all going to Walmart. I had a van, so everyone piled in. When we got to Walmart, I pulled up in front of the door, and I turned around and said, "Ok guys, y'all can get down here." They all looked at me perplexed. I'm like, what is wrong? They were like, "get down?" I'm like yea, like there are cars behind me guys! Then I realized, they thought I was asking them to break into a dance routine..."get down." They started laughing, I'm like - "Get the hell outta my van! Do y'all understand that!? They were laughing so hard, I like to never got them outta my van. Oh poop! Six hours before I need to get up :( This sucks. Wow, the wind is blowing really hard. I hope the bad weather is gone before I need to leave for work in the morning. I don't know what to do about this weekend. My daughter and I need to go shopping, and we want to go to Biloxi or NOLA, but the hotels where I have free rooms are booked up and I don't want to pay the outrageous rates. I think I'm gonna put my oldest on finding me a good price. Ok, so like I'm yawning so much I have tears rolling down my face. I'm taking that as an indication I am now ready to sleep. Hmmmmm, let give it a try. Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment