Friday, January 11, 2013

Unbelievable!


Ok, so all you peeps who read my blog know I have been aggravated that they closed schools for 2 days for bad weather ....right? On Wednesday, we did not get any rain, but we had the day off. Thursday was pretty nasty, so ok.....I'll give them that. So back to school today. We had only a 20% chance of rain for today. Well guess what? That entire 20% fell in Berwick. Of course! Since I am also in charge of our After School Care Program, I am at school until 5:30 P.M. It has rained all day long. Although our pumps are powerful and drain out the water very quickly, the pumps couldn't keep up. The canal you see in the picture below is 4th Street. The water is half way up the parking lot. I am standing in the door of our After School Care room. That is the Berwick Public Library across the street. Parents are having a rough time picking up their kids. So, now we have to make up the 2 days we missed. They have decided to add 15 minutes to the end of the day beginning January 22 through April 12. Ho Hum....I know you guys are probably thinking ....that isn't bad! Those 15 minutes feel like 15 hours...I kid you not. Oh well, what can we do? It could be worse. Looked at the predicted weather for the weekend and next week.....more rain coming. And 2/3 of the US is under drought conditions? I wish I could send them some of our rain! Unbelievable!



No comments:

Post a Comment