Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Great Communicator?

ALL my life, one of my best assets has been my communication skills. Seriously, people seek me out. Call me on the phone. Always want to talk. Principals call me to calm irate parents, handle kids that are freaking out, etc. Well, at 51 years of age...I have run into my nemesis. There have not been many people in my life that I have not been able to communicate with, but this particular person is completely impossible. First off, everything I say he is annoyed with. I can tell in the tone of his voice. It doesn't matter what I say, he gets annoyed. He so abruptly told me a couple of days ago that he wants "entertaining conversation, no mind tricks or jedi mind games." I was like WTF is he talking about. I wouldn't know how to play a mind game if someone gave me step by step directions. Within minutes of us talking on the phone, he is pissed, I am clueless as to what I said to piss him off, and he is abruptly hanging up. Can't text either. He takes every stinkin thing outta context. Doesn't matter what I say, how nice I try to say it, he is pissed. At first I was like, pffffft. Be gone with your drama self. I'm not a mean person, so when he would talk to me, I would talk back....even if I knew I was fixing to be insulted AGAIN. When we started talking, our convo's were light and entertaining...would talk for like hours. Then we met. And it has been downhill since. I thought that he just wasn't interested, so he was trying to piss me off so I will stop talking to him, which just may be the case. But I have given him every out known to me anyway. Is God trying to teach me a new communication technique that I may need later on....LOL. I can't imagine why I have not smack him and kicked his ass clean outta my life. It has got me most aggravated and humored at the same time. Hmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment