Monday, September 6, 2010

I Need a Day Off to Rest from my Day Off

I cannot believe how fast this weekend has passed. I did rest on Saturday, but Sunday was non stop and so was today. I did get to see my babies twice. We played about 3 to 4 hours in the pool on Friday and today. They are so cute. The oldest thinks he is 15 and wanted to "rough house" with the older kids in the pool, but my sweet baby was deathly afraid of the water. He would get in on the top step, play a little and hop out, run around the pool hitting the older kids with a "noodle." At one point, the oldest was playing with the youngest with the noodle. He would pretend that he was drowning and the youngest had to "save" him with the "noodle." Well, I was waiting for it to happen and it did......the oldest pulled on the "noodle" too hard  and the youngest fell in head first into the deepest part of the pool. He had on his floaties, so he was floating and screaming (ie; not drowning) and once i calmed him down, i just coaxed him over to the side of the pool and clapped and made a big deal out of what a "big boy" he was. He climbed up that ladder and walked to the steps proud as a peacock, but he still wouldn't get in. I felt so bad for him.....I finally got in with him. I played and played with him and by the end of the day, he was floating, and holding only one of my hands. Much progress......we started out with his arms wrapped around my neck in a choke hold and his feet around my waist...lol.....so we had made mucho progress! I just love those kids! Other than that, I spent the weekend worrying bout my youngest child. New "hot" boyfriend seems to be a "jerk wad" big time. She is always upset and biting my head off. I am sitting here waiting on them to get home to give them both a piece of my mind....and as the time gets later, the madder I get.....we have school tomorrow and I am tired. I shouldn't have to tell my 22 year old that it is time to come home. However, I have a feeling they are trying to come in late to avoid me, but the joke is on them......I'm waiting on them.....no matter what time it is. Saga continued tomorrow........................

No comments:

Post a Comment