Monday, April 1, 2013

Home....At Last!

Why is it that holidays are so exhausting that I'm happy to go back to work and rest? Does that make sense? Well, I picked up my boys from their PaPa's at 11 am on Friday, and it has been a "world wind" weekend. When we got there on Friday, we went to their apartment to start moving (what I thought) would be one load of heavy stuff. I shoulda known better. The princess still had a ton of stuff to move + she had not even started cleaning. I really wanted to cry, but I held it together. We started loading the bed, sofa, and large ottoman's into her truck. Then, we started filling up the back of my van (which had all the seats folded down. Now, let me pause for a second just to say....THE GIRL HAD AN UPSTAIRS APARTMENT! Really, I'm getting to old for this. Her and I lifted, pull, and carried all that *bleep* down those stairs and loaded them in a truck. Men all around and not one offered to help. My poor little boys hauled smalled stuff to my van too. We left with the heavy load of stuff, went to their new place, unloaded it, then went eat at a very good restaurant. I say good....it wasn't fabulous, but for up there, it was good. Then we went to Walmart to pick up a few things, then headed by to the new place and passed out. It was 11 pm before we crawled into bed. Princess had us up at 8am. I thought the girl had lost her mind, but the boys and I got up :(. We head over to the old place, loaded up again, and headed back to the new place. Went back to the old place, loaded up one more time, cleaned, and headed back to the new place with the last load. We ate at Popeyes, and then headed back to Walmart for groceries and other stuff. It was 9 pm before we unloaded all of the groceries. The boys and I stayed home while Princess headed back to the old place to put in a blind, then stopped off at work to pick up the Easter Bunny. By the time she got back, I had all the groceries picked up, boys fed, and we ended the night with a glass of champagne at 11:30. Princess bounced us out of bed at 8 am because the Easter Bunny came. Seriously, the boys said "okay" and snuggled back with the Grammy, but Princess wouldn't leave us alone til we got up. We had a good day, cooking, playing with the boys, and slowly picking up around the house. It rained, so our planned Easter Egg hunt had to be inside. The enjoyed my giant basket of goodies, and totally ignored the 6 brand new outfits, and shoes. Next year, I think I will get them under wear and socks....turds! I tackled their room. It was spotless and organized when I left. Dying to know how long it will last. Poor darlings crawled in the bed at 7 pm by themselves and went to sleep. Princess bounced us out of bed at 6:30 for school. Even after all that sleep, they still didn't want to get up. HA! That is Grammy's boys! I dropped them off at school at 7:20, dropped Princess off at work at 7:30, and I headed for home. Stopped by Thrify Girl's and she loaded up my van with her dirty clothes. I came in, put a load of her clothes on to wash, and I fell in the bed, and slept for 6 hours straight. Like the boys, I could have slept longer, but I got things to do. I'm so exhausted I need a day off to rest...HA. It was good though. Love her new place. Neighborhood much better. Bigger place with a yard for the boys to play. They cut the grass for her. Washer and Dryer. It was worth it to get her and the boys outta the "ghetto." Not really the "ghetto", but not a good place for kids. Oh well, another Easter down.....back to the grind tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment