Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - 2014

What is it about a new year that makes you feel like everything is new....crazy. It really is just another day. Anyway, I think it is just a time for us to reflect on our past, and look at how we can make our future more productive. This year I'm hoping my life will be about change. This "major change" that I have been feeling for the last 7 years can't be just a passing fancy. Maybe 2014 is it. I did see quite a bit of change in 2013. No more kids living at home. New job in NOLA. Lost all my excess weight. Search for my soul mate began. I'm hoping the change continues. First, it will have to be God driven.....I'm not doing a flipping thing or going anywhere unless God is driving the bus. I'm praying....and keeping my eyes open....looking for the open doors. One area that I have made a bold stand is relationships. If you continuously disrupt the peace in my life without remorse, then I'm cutting you out of my life. Some got cut out of my life just a few days ago, some are very close, and I am sure others not far behind. Sounds harsh...I know, but a person only can take so much. I have always been a people person. I care deeply. I love deeply. I help deeply. Every thing I do, I do because I want what is best for those in my life. But if you cannot treat me with the same respect and love that I give....be gone with selfish self. Poof! I am hoping God answers these questions in 2014. Do I stay with Jefferson Parish School System, or look for another job? I need to move closer to my job. I'm ready to move God! NOLA? or at least closer to NOLA? *fingers crossed.... But if not NOLA :(  I'm ready to go wherever he sends me, or if he wants me to stay put here in Berwick a little longer, I guess I will do that too. I've started a search for a soul mate. Who is he? Where is he? There is lots of things I'm looking for in this special person, but by far, the one thing that must be apparent is his love for God. God must be #1 priority. He must seek God's will for his life. After that, I can compromise on some things....that is the one thing I won't compromise on. And of course.....I'm need to work on diet and exercise..grrrrrr. Why couldn't I just be born with a kicking metabolism and rock star body that never needs exercise? No, God gives me brains and big heart. Blah. Ok, well....nuff rambling for tonight. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment