Monday, January 20, 2014

United We Stand

How appropriately, on Martin Luther King national holiday - that today, I'm reminded that Satan will try to destroy those relationships in my life that would glorify God. I was reading some beautiful uplifting messages on FB, and one of the messages pointed out that you should never be an option for someone. "You are the sum of the people you spend the most time with." It further went on to say..."If you hang around the wrong people, they will bring you down, but if you hang around the right people, they will lift you up." The wrong people will feel intimidated by you, and the right people will be encouraging and love me just the way I am. WOW! And then it hit me. Satan doesn't want me around the right people, so he will drive a wedge between us.  Satan doesn't want God's chosen to be equally yoked. Insecurity, pride, boastfulness, bragging, etc. are all tools that Satan will use to divide believers. Yes, I know that I needed to cut some people out of my life. These people were leaches - they sucked the life right out of me, but I need to be aware that Satan doesn't like where I am at this point in my life. He knows that I am searching for a Godly man, and he will tempt me with just about anything to make sure that any relationship I pursue will NOT glorify God and his kingdom. Ok Satan. I'm on to you now. I'm on guard. You can just go away, because you WILL NOT win this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment