Sunday, May 23, 2010

End of School Year Funk

Every year, when the school year is ending, I go into a "funk" ....I call it that because it is hard to explain. It is like all the years stresses are done, so I pay more attention to how I feel, and I realize I'm exhausted. It is like "phew".....I'm going to bed for 3 months and hibernate. Just joking, people who honestly think teachers get a 3 months vacation is sorely mistaken. We have summer school, which I am teaching this summer, inservices to attend, continuing hours in graduate school, classrooms and materials to get ready for the upcoming school year, and the things that need to be caught up around our homes that we did not have time to do during the school year. So yea, so much for vacation time. But it is a time of "mental break", which is badly needed by the summer. So this weekend, all I did was sleep. It was like I couldnt get up....I was so tired. All I know is I still have a lot to do before my last day. Since I seem to have caught up on my sleep, I may go in early to get things done before Tuesday - my last day. I am determined to take at least 1 week of the 2 weeks in between the end of the school year and summer school to do something fun. Then the other week, I guess I will get ready for summer school. Blah. I'm ready for retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment