Sunday, October 24, 2010

Upcoming Week

This upcoming week is set for excitement. On Monday, we have Parent / Teacher Conferences....no students. For me, that is a good day to catch up on all paperwork, as I only have 4 students at the Elementary. I may have one or two parents show up, but that will be all. Katie and I need to be there at 7, but we get off at 2....and phew.....no After School Care. We also have a week of Red Ribbon - Say No to Drugs - activities. Non stop fun, but also frustrating as we have so many interruptions throughout the week. I will call first thing Monday morning to see if I can get doctors appt.'s...one to see in Thibodaux and one to see in Metarie. I don't think that the one in Thibodaux will be a problem, but the one in Metarie will. I hope not....I'll just take the day off and do both. The following week, November 1, I want to take it off too, but I forgot all about ASC. Katie and I want an R&R day in New Orleans....Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles, Whole Foods, etc. Just a get the hell outta Berwick day. So I will probably ask my principal what are we doing for our inservice day on Nov. 2. I'm thinking nothing. That is one of those days that is slipped into the calender as an extra day in the event of a hurricane. I hope so......I will switch my R&R day to Nov. 2. Although it would be nice to take off Nov. 1....that would make it a 4 day weekend. Now if I can make it to Thanksgiving, I should be okay. Teachers live by the rule, if you can make it to Thanksgiving, you can make it to the end of the year. I was bored yesterday, so I started perusing the jobs wanted for Katie a job. Low and behold, would you believe that Lafayette Parish School Board have two opening for a technology teacher. We will be faxing in her application and resume promptly......Monday morning at 8. That is the parish she is wanting to get on, so I'm praying she does. Otherwise, it is back to the perusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment