Friday, June 4, 2010

Update

        Well let's see. My CST's and myself have decided to do summer school. Yep, it will be hard, but given our 2 little boys, we just can't leave them hanging. They need us. They need summer school to be successful next year. So we will bite the bullet and get to work and do the best that we can.
         Went for my post op visit today. Zipped into New Orleans and zipped out. No traffic wooohoooo! I was really worried as my doctors office is not too far from the airport off of I-10. President Obama was coming in to visit LA for the oil spill mess and I was scared to get caught in that broohaha. Officially, I have lost 12.5 pounds. Yea!!!! Now the physician's assistant said not to get discouraged as most lap band patients gain weight before their first adjustment. She said it is to be expected. Right now the band is completely empty; but, I cannot have any saline solution injected until my stomach completely heals. They took me completely off of my high blood pressure meds. My blood pressure was 111/67, which is low and I was supposed to take my meds in 2 hours. I will need to just monitor my blood pressure and take it day by day. I also met with the dietician. She gave me a more detailed copy of my diet to follow. Went through a few things. Not much problem there either.
         After my doctors appt. I went to my aunts. It is always so nice to visit with her and my buddy. We talked a while. I laid down on the sofa and she sat in her comfy chair to look over my diet, and we both fell asleep. We just visited and talked. She cooked me lunch and then Nick called. We will go to visit him next month. Aunt Sue had a folder of all kinds of places to visit in DC.
          Ok, that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment