Saturday, July 10, 2010

We're Home!

Yes, we arrived at 8:00 PM, Central Time, today. I haven't had a chance to past our last day in DC, so I will do that first. Our last day of sightseeing excursions was Thursday, 7/8. We slept late (we were recuperating from the day before) so all we had was the afternoon to get in one last sight. We decided to let my son pick something, and he pick the Smithosonian's National Air and Space Museum. As usual, we could have spent another 3 hours there, but after 3hours we couldn't go anymore. Like everything else in DC, it was wonderful.....I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to have a place like this near Berwick for field trips. It was very interactive, had a I-MAX Theatre, and a Flight Simulator. My daughter couldn't wait to get in the flight simulator. Now, she decided to wear a sun dress that day, and didn't think when she got in the flight simulator......she was the pilot and flipped the plane over and her dress went over her head.....she couldn't get the thing to flip back over.....all she could think of was....thank god my partner in this thing is a girl! As usual, she had me killing myself laughing. Enjoy the pics below.

The mural darwfs them!


My daughter trying out the Cessna airplane in the discovery lab.


Plenty of stuff for my daughter to play with.

Lunar Landing Module

Close-ups of Astronauts boarding the Module.

In the museum, they had a 3 huge open areas that housed the larger airplanes, spaceships, etc. Off of these large areas were smaller areas that focused on certian topics. This is the beginning of the area on planets.


Heat Sensors - Can you find me and my daughter?

Model of the Hubble Space Telescope

Model of the Space Shuttle

Part of a Space Ship we were able to tour.

As I'm completing this, I just realized some of my picutures are missing...hmph. She must not be finish downloading and editing them off of the camera. O well, I will finish putting the other pictures later.


Anyway, we left yesterday 7/9. I hate leaving my kids, so I waited until I got in the van to cry. I just felt like I needed to bring my son home. I don't mind them leaving me, but I take it hard leaving them. There was so much more I wanted to see in DC. It was really fun and I loved being with my son and daughter and law. I hope we will be able to visit again soon. We slept last night in Knoxville, Tenn., and came in home today. The actual trip is butt numbing. I put 2600 miles on my van.....entirely too much for a one week trip.  O well, glad to be back home I guess. My daughter left to go to the movies as soon as we got home, so I have the quiet house all too myself. AHHHHHH, I think I am going make me some good coffee. Will blog again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment