Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Louisiana is the laziest state?

Ok...I have been killing myself laughing. Not about the Bloomberg Businessweek article, but the comments left by Louisianians. Article:  http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2010/07/louisiana_is_the_laziest_state.html  
Some were rightfully angry, but many took it as a compliment...which I found to be halarious. According to the article, Louisianians work less than any other state, enjoy more leisure activities that require no physical output....sleeping, watching TV, surfing the Internet, socializing, relaxing, etc. verses states who put in more work hours, excersing, playing sports, which of course, are physical activities. Here are some of the comments that just cracked me up:

"I just woke up! What's all the ruckus!?"

"I'll drink to that! Cheers! We're #1, We're #1. Persistency pays off - thanks everyone!

"opinions are like armpits - everybody's got 'em and they all stink!"

"I knew I moved here for all the right reasons"

"Sitting on a porch and drinking malt liquor? That is a very biased and insulting comment...I sit on a lawn chair and drink Turbo Dogs all day thank you very much"

"WE'RE #1!!! WE'RE #1!!! WE'RE #1!!!Damn, this is tiring ... I gotta lay down ..."

"I guarantee there's not a single state out there that works harder at having fun as we do. It's not laziness; it's about priorities."

"Do we get a trophy?"

can you believe it?


"...i was sitting here on the couch eating some nachos and drinking some cream soda when i read this....the nerve of some people"

"I'd offer up a comment, but I'm just not feeling the initiative... Zzzzzzzz...."

"Did the rest of the nation really think our elected officials beg for money every chance they get so the citizens of this state could work harder?Idiots"

"I guess working a lot isn't the key to happiness. I'm lazy and I love it!"

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/louisiana_ranks_as_happiest_st.html


Same people found that LA rank #1 for being the happiest. See article link above. Just had to share in case you didn't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment