Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Bridge of Faith

"Faith is the bridge between where I am and the place God is taking me."

Throughout my life I have always had such enormous faith in my destiny. God has strategically placed me right where I needed to be at those particular times in my life. However, I have to admit....He has me quite stumped at this point in my life. For some reason, when my youngest daughter graduated from high school, I figured God would move me from St. Mary Parish. I'm not from St. Mary Parish. I felt it has served its purpose in my life....it was an excellent place to raise my children, my children got an excellent education, and I have had excellent opportunities to further my career. I've made many friends here, and although boring as hell, I really liked living in Berwick, LA. Well, it has been nearly 7 years since she graduated high school.....AND I'M STILL IN BERWICK, LA! I have to admit.....my faith is waning. I literally don't see why I'm still here. I thought he would move me maybe back to Thibodaux since my "people" are aging and will need all the help they can get, but nope, I've looked for the open doors quite often, and every time....the door is slammed shut. I don't have the "gusto" for the position I'm currently in anymore. Too much drama with the adults; however, the kids are fabulous. The job has taught me more about "learning" than any other position ever has. I cannot imagine living away from South LA. My youngest son keeps insisting I need to look for a job near DC, but I don't think I could handle the winters. In fact, I know I can't handle the winters. I can't handle the mild winters here in LA! And, I don't want to move too far away from my grand babies either. I wish I could be closer to them, but Vernon Parish pays even less money than St. Mary, and the cost of living is more! So I'm fixing to spruce up the "ole resume" and start fishing again. I'll start within what I feel is the area I feel I would be most happy in. Of course, I will be open to anything God has planned for my life, but I am praying he makes his plan dead obvious....LOL. I over analyze ever freaking thing.  So where is the area I will be looking.....from Lafayette, LA east to NOLA (of course - hehe) and north to Baton Rouge and everything in between. That is 16 parishes to be exact. Do you think I may find one new job that is exciting? God, I am praying that I will find something. In either direction, the maximum I would drive is 1.5 hours. Yes, I would drive the first year. I want to work in the area first, so I am sure of where I want to live when I do move. I hate to admit it, but Lafayette would not be bad. That would put me dead center between my grand babies and my aging peeps in Thibodaux (2.5 hours from Leesville and 2.5 hours from Thibodaux). I'm not a fan of Lafayette. Too many people crammed into a town that is unable to grow  fast enough to meet the needs of the ever growing population. Just visiting makes me anxious. I really want to move towards NOLA. I just love that place, but I will see what comes open. I can't totally eliminate St. Mary either. I would like to though. Real quick like...HA. I'm ready for a new job that excites and motivates me. I am ready for some fun in my personal life. I am ready to travel. I'm ready. I just have to continue to have faith in God's plan. I think I need a hefty dose of patience too. I am getting impatient. Ugh. Ok, let me go to sleep and dream of the perfect life.







No comments:

Post a Comment