Friday, June 15, 2012

Divine Interruptions?

OK, so the dream guy drove up in a white truck (as opposed to a white horse).  He came to fix the flat tire on my van, which required a bit of muscle, know how, and special tools (so Super Woman declined to attempt this feat today). Back to dream guy..... Let's just say he  was not as I had imagined. Tall, incredibly skinny, long blond greasy hair, wearing a "wife beater" t-shirt, which revealed a body covered in tattoos, and spoke with that North LA accent that sounds like fingernails being running across a chalk board, which made me want to stick my fingers in my ears when he talked. However, the man did know how to change a tire. He got that thing off right away, went back to his shop to fix it, and was back putting the fixed tire on my van before I had time to fix lunch for the boys. All that for a mere $43.80 - including tax. He earned a nice $12.00 tip ....I wish I could have given him more, but right there, at that moment, he was my hero!  So I loaded up the van with all of my belongings, and headed out after stopping by the hotel to get my daughter to fax over the receipt for road side service to my insurance company. I got all the way to Lake Charles (1 hour and 15 minutes) and happened to look down at my keys and realized that I had the only key to my daughter's apartment. Panicked, I called her. Thank God, the manager of her apartment gave her another key. So I get home, AC still not fixed because my lovely son did not answer the door when my "Honey Do" man came to fix it. So he was gonna do it this morning, but got tied up with something else, then of course it started to rain.....all afternoon. So finally, at about 7, he showed up. It is the fan motor; however, he cannot get one til Monday. So now I'm in Thibodaux, at my aunts, fixing to go to bed. I am not going to get down about the last couple of days. I just kept thinking about Joel Olsteen's message.....Look at our daily troubles as divine interruptions. Maybe God is saving me from an auto accident, drunk driver, etc. So I drove home....no worries....life will take care of itself. I plan on sleeping late tomorrow. My babies wore me out. Night world!

No comments:

Post a Comment