Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'm NOT Ready for Hurricane Season!

I'm so not ready for this Tropical Storm Debbie. It will just be a rainmaker it looks like, but when you live in a mobile home, you have to take these things seriously especially when you have a gigantic tree leaning over your home....ugh. The National Hurricane Center's "official" track has it walking up to my doorstep and knocking on my door...HA. (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/) It looks like it will make landfall in the southern portion of Terrebonne (my family home). They are already starting the sandbagging process there. However, the computer models are in huge disagreement as to where it will go. Half say here, the other half says over Florida and out to the Atlantic, so we are in one of those alert and watching stages. I really don't have any worries, as far as water is concerned, I just worry about wind and my "leaning tree." Everything that I take is packed and ready to go, but it is now buried under all of my daughters belongings in the spare room. It will take an "act of Congress" to get it out of there, but I'll get it all out if needed. I only take things with me that cannot be replaced....pictures, special documents, and special items that are priceless to me. Everything else stays. Ok, I'm going on my porch and drink my coffee under my leaning tree. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment