Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Banquet #1

This week it is teacher appreciation week. During the week, we are treated to luncheons prepared by parents, students bring us gifts, the parish and the school gives us gifts, etc. Tonight, I had my first teacher appreciation banquet for Berwick Junior High at the Petroleum Club in Morgan City. Tomorrow night is the teacher appreciation banquet for Berwick Elementary...also at the Petroleum Club. First, it is so nice to waited on and treated like royalty. Not to mention, eating at the Petroleum Club is such a treat. This is not a public restaurant. You have to belong to the Petroleum Club to eat there. Only the "well to do" can afford to eat at the Petroleum Club. We are fed a 4 course meal....soup, salad, entre, and dessert with coffee. Parents donate gifts and we play Bingo to win the gifts. It is so much fun. Tonight I won a gift certificate for an edible boquet, and I got to take the one on our table home.....my oldest son loved it..HA! It was 3 hours long, but it was fun. I sat with one of my transliterators and all of the 6th grade teachers. They are quite a lively crew let me tell you.

On a sad note, my friend is having troubles. I wish I had good things to say to lift his spirits, but what he is going through is never easy. I'ma just pray that every thing works out fine. Hopefully, it will. I'm pooped. Got to school at 7:20. Left school at 5:15. Then went to the banquet at 6. Now I'm home. I'm drinking a beer and relaxing ......ahhhhh, the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment