Thursday, August 16, 2012

Random Happenings

OMG I miss my boys!!! Haven't talk to them all week....I need to call them, but I have been so exhausted that I don't even want to fix me anything to eat when I get home. Precious Princess sent me a pic of them on the first day that both of them went to school.
First Day of School for both of my little men!
I wanted to cry when I got this pic :( Then Happy Handsome Helper came home from school the other day and told his mom, "Mom, my teacher is crazy!" Mom says, "Why is she crazy?" Happy Handsome Helper says, "Because she keeps telling me what to do! That's crazy!" LOL! The joys of 1st Grade...HA! The teacher sent home a sheet where she had them practice writing his name. My daughter just had to send that to Grammy. He wrote his name upside down, and backwards!
Upside down, and backwards! The SPED teacher in me says dyslexia.
Even though the SPED teacher in me is screaming dyslexia, I do realize that young children often do write their name backwards, but upside down AND backwards? Maybe he is gifted! HA! A lot of times, this fixes itself as they age.

Thrifty Girl had an interesting day. Two of her students got Saturday detention, and she had a fight in her classroom. YEE HAW! We have been in school only 6 days. However, she is doing great thus far.Staying in touch with her parents, and laying the law down. She only has one rough class, so at least that is not bad.

I have an interpreter who will be absent tomorrow, so I'm putting the sub with my student and I will be with my PreK boys. I need to get extra sleep tonite and eat my "Wheaties" in the morning!' Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!

I got a chance to visit with my friend last night. He was laid off from his job yesterday. I am sad. We knew it was coming, but I was hoping it would be extended. At this point, he is looking for a job, but if he cannot find one rather quickly, he has plans to open a convenience store. He will be moving back to his home state of North Carolina in the next few days. He is excited to be able to spend time with his boys. He has missed them so much, and I know they must be excited Daddy is headed home. I am trying very hard to stay strong and smile, but we have gotten to know each other quite well, and I hate he is moving over 1,000 miles away. Although he says we will stay in touch, I know time, distance, and life will happen, and before you know it, he will be just a memory. It has happened so many times in my life that I know the signs like the "back of my hand." HA. O' well, this is another case where all I can say is "Que Sera, Sera."

Nite blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment